The Best Pull-down Projector Screens in the Market (2019)
We all remember pull down projectors from our days in science class. These are large white sheets of paper usually made of Tyvek or some other material. On the flip side if you’re feeling fancy, I’d recommend spending the extra $40-50 for an automatic pulldown projector.
Below are some of my top picks in the pull-down category. I’ve installed all of these units and they are all a decent choice, but I’d go with the VIVO as the top pick.
The PS-M-100 pull down projector screen from VIVO is designed to home theatre projectors. It is aimed at the general users and those who want affordable but quality projectors screens. Continue reading to know more about the PS-M-100, it’s also a great choice for office projectors.
- Durable Metal Casing for better installation in the following methods
- Dual Wall Installation
- Ceiling Installation
- 120 degrees worth of viewing angle is in place in the VIVO 100 inch Pull-down Projector
- Screen (PS-M-100)
- The screen itself is made up of MaxWhite 1.1 Gain material
- The edges also have the standard black margins
- The VIVO 100 inch Pull-down Projector Screen (PS-M-100) is compatible with the following types of projectors:
- The screen size of the PS-M-100 is 100 inches
- The ratio here is rated at 16 by 9
- The PS-M-100 has a built-in L bracket for easier installation and mounting in ceilings or walls
- 1.1 gain is used to prevent hot spotting
- The screen itself is made up of different layers to prevent light penetration
- The PS-M-100 weighs around 19.5 pounds or around 9 kilograms
- A 125 inch variant is also available for those who want a bigger screen
The VIVO 100 inch Pull-down Projector Screen (PS-M-100) is designed to give casual and professional users with the option of utilizing a relatively simple projector screen. Simple means that this screen is easier to operate as it has lesser moving parts juxtaposed to electric projector screens that may have more complicated parts to maintain and operate. In fact, the screen can be set up in just a minute or two.
The VIVO 100 inch Pull-down Projector Screen (PS-M-100) is marketed by VIVO as a bang-for-the buck product that performs way beyond its price. Experience and other reviews has affirmed this view being espoused by VIVO. The VIVO 100 inch Pull-down Projector Screen (PS-M-100) can even perform outside so do pair it with a projector that can also perform outside the safe confines of a building.
The guys at VIVO ensured that the screen material used will also ensure good absorption of light that emanates from the projector. The screen in the VIVO 100 inch Pull-down Projector Screen (PS-M-100) is layered so that light penetration is prevented. The contrary would make the image fuzzy because the light is not fully reflected on the screen. Not contented, VIVO placed a 1.1 gain and a wide viewing to prevent hot spotting.
The VIVO 100 inch Pull-down Projector Screen (PS-M-100) is compatible with LCD, LED or DLP projectors. With the screen’s outdoor capability in mind, the Epson VS240 is a good match with the IVO 100 inch Pull-down Projector Screen (PS-M-100) because former is a LCD projector and capable of performing outside.
The VonHaus 80 Inch Pull Down Projector Screen is a versatile product as it can handle almost any type of content that passes by. As such, the guys at VonHaus saw fit to imbue this product with the necessary technologies and qualities to ensure that its zeal of versatility is achieved.
The VonHaus 80 Inch Pull Down Projector Screen is adequate for the following content and circumstance:
- Home Theatre
- Live Videos
- Office Presentations
- The device is compatible with HDTV
- The VonHaus 80 Inch Pull Down Projector Screen can be mounted on ceilings or walls
- The screen of this device is rated 1.1 gain for low-light reflection
- A matte-white screen is in use with the usual blackened margin
- The VonHaus 80 Inch Pull Down Projector Screen has a 16 by 9 ratio
- This device is compatible with the following projectors:
- The VonHaus 80 Inch Pull Down Projector Screen weighs at 14.3 pounds or 6 kilograms
- A 100 incher variant is also available for those who want a bigger display
The VonHaus 80 Inch Pull Down Projector Screen, as mentioned above, is designed to handle a variety of content. As such, his makes the VonHaus 80 Inch Pull Down Projector Screen very versatile. With that being said, this product is geared mostly for home theatre and office presentation use. This means that the VonHaus 80 Inch Pull Down Projector Screen will perform better if paired with the Optoma 4k projector (which is also geared towards home theatre use) or with the Epson PowerLite Pro G6900WU (which is geared towards office use).
The VonHaus 80 Inch Pull Down Projector Screen offers two modes for installation. Both modes are very easy to set-up, enabling novice users to utilize the screen immediately. This projector screen can be mounted either on the ceiling or on a wall.
Both offers unique advantages. For example, the wall might be too far for the projector hence the mounting via the ceiling. Mounting this product would, however, grant more stability. It really depends on the situation.
The back of the VonHaus 80 Inch Pull Down Projector Screen is colored in black. This ingenious function prevents the light that emanates from the projector. This in turn will prevent the reflection of fuzzy images.
About the only downside of this product is the texture. This would not be a problem in a good day but sometimes the texture of the screen interferes with the display by forming lines if visible lights. The effect would be a slightly jarring and grainy picture.
The Pyle 50 Inch Mobile Projector Screen (PRJTP53) is designed to be ultra-portable. As such, it is relatively easy to carry (as the term portable would imply) and very to set up everywhere. Quick decisions to use projector screens is not a problem for the Pyle 50 Inch Mobile Projector Screen (PRJTP53) because it is designed to handle the aforementioned situation.
- Quality matte (white) material is used for the screen of this product
- Said screen also has anti-stain and mildew properties
- Flame -retardant fabric is utilized for the screen
- The fabric is made up of engineered PVC
- A quick-lock mechanism, coupled with a manual pull-up operation ensures that the Pyle 50
- Inch Mobile Projector Screen (PRJTP53) is easy to extend and retract
- The Pyle 50 Inch Mobile Projector Screen (PRJTP53) is lightweight to enhance portability
- A Protective Travel Case is provided to ensure the safety of the product while not in use
- Said case is made up of lightweight aluminum
- The Pyle 50 Inch Mobile Projector Screen (PRJTP53) is designed to withstand the rigors of traveling
- This product is designed to be used in homes, classrooms or offices
- As the name would suggest, this product has a 50 inch display for projection
- The Pyle 50 Inch Mobile Projector Screen (PRJTP53) weighs around 4.95 pounds or 2 kilograms
The Pyle 50 Inch Mobile Projector Screen (PRJTP53) is patently unique from almost all of the usual projector screens that are out in the market. That is because the screen size of this product is at 50 inches. That may appear as a disadvantage but not for the guys at Pyle and that is because this product is designed for portability.
All the important features in the Pyle 50 Inch Mobile Projector Screen (PRJTP53) enhances its main purpose and that is to be an all-purpose portable projector screen for those always on the move. The casing that protect the product is not in use is made up of lightweight aluminum. The product itself, weighing at 2 kilograms, is also lightweight. Finally, the screen size is such because a bigger projector screen area would make the whole package heavier than the desired weight.
That’s not to say that all the whistles and bangs for this product only pertains to its lightweight functions. The Pyle 50 Inch Mobile Projector Screen (PRJTP53)’s materials are tough in order to fulfill the second main feature of this product; its portability. More portable projectors here.
To that end, the screen of this product is mighty tough. It is mildew resistant, meaning that it can withstand the attacks of the fungi if the product is carried outside. The screen is also stain resistant, meaning that the dirt and stains that this product may encounter is of no moment. Lastly, the screen is also has fire-retardant qualities. That last point needs no further explanation with regards with the toughness that this product has.
Another point that needs emphasis is that the Pyle 50 Inch Mobile Projector Screen (PRJTP53) is also quite versatile. It is designed to be mounted in any flat surface that one can find. It an also be used in classrooms, offices and classrooms. WIth this in mind, the Pyle 50 Inch Mobile Projector Screen (PRJTP53) would be a perfect fit for the Epson PowerLite Pro G6900WU Business Projector because the latter is also versatile not unlike the former.