When preparing for important presentations, you have to make sure everything is perfect and that includes making sure your projector is working well and that the lens are well-cleaned. Dirty lenses are the last thing you want to use to project your business proposals; you would not even want dirty lenses when you’re playing video games through a projector. Simply put, projectors may not require heavy maintenance but they still have to be cleaned every once in a while.
The problem, however, is that many projector owners do not know how to properly clean their projector lens; some end up using the wrong cleaning tools which may damage the lens or the projector, itself.
We do not want that to happen; hence, we have come laid down a guide on how to properly clean a projector lens.
Things To Remember
- You want to make sure that the projector is turned off and unplugged.
- Make sure the projector is not heated up; if you have just used it, give it time to cool down before proceeding to clean it.
Projector Lens Cleaning Kit
Things To Avoid
- Avoid using alcohol to clean the lens.
- Avoid directly applying cleaning solutions to the lens.
- Avoid the use of harsh chemicals as cleaning solutions as this will definitely destroy the lens.
- Avoid using abrasive cleaning tools to clean the lens as this may cause scratches.
What To Do
- Use cloth that is lint-free and soft to clean the lens. You may purchase this type of cloth from any shop which sells camera lenses.
- Using the cloth, gently wipe the projector lens in circular motion. Do not be too harsh in rubbing the lens; otherwise, you might end up with scratches.
- After cleaning the lens, avoid touching the lens using your bare fingers as this will leave fingerprint marks.
- Make sure you place the lens cover back on the projector lens to avoid dust build-up.