Choosing a high quality projector is essential if you’re presenting case studies in the office for clients or for training purposes. While some business projectors have been marketed as for “office use”, I’ve installed plenty of these things to know that the lower end ones are a serious pain in the butt.
Not only are they loud (internal components housing issue) but the picture quality just isn’t there. What I’ve done is make a list of a few of the office projectors I’ve installed here at Outdoor Movie HQ. While we specialized in outdoor projectors, I’ve still installed plenty of home/office projectors.
Here are my picks.
1. Top Choice – Epson Powerlite Pro G6900WU Business Projector (Best Wireless Portable for Business Travel)
- 1 1. Top Choice – Epson Powerlite Pro G6900WU Business Projector (Best Wireless Portable for Business Travel)
- 2 2. Sony VPL-FHZ55 Laser 3LCD (Portable Wireless)
- 3 3. Epson PowerLite 1965 3LCD XGA Projector
- 4 4. BenQ TH670 1080p Projector
The Epson Powerlite Pro G6900WU Business Projector was designed by Epson to be a versatile. It can perform in almost every environment and perform well. It can function on office settings or in large classrooms or outside buildings (as long as the Sun is not that overbearing, virtually no projector can perform well if you’re projecting outside during the high noon and no semblance of roof or protection is available in the environment), as well as in the house for all-around entertainment.
Versatility is greatly needed in every business and the Epson Powerlite Pro G6900WU Business Projector has that element. The Epson Powerlite Pro G6900WU Business Projector also has an incredibly bright display to facilitate its versatility. To know more about the qualities, as well as its pros and cons, please continue reading.
- The display technology is 3LCD
- 6000 lumens is the rated brightness of the Epson Powerlite Pro G6900WU Business Projector
- The native resolution is 1920 by 1200
- The max resolution in this projector is WUXGA
- The native aspect ratio is at 16 by 10
- Contrast is rated 5,000 by 1
- The max power in this projector is rated at 568 Watts
- The voltage will fluctuate from 100V to 200V
- The Epson Powerlite Pro G6900WU Business Projector is compatible with Component, Composite and S- Video
- The Epson Powerlite Pro G6900WU Business Projector’s HDTV is also compatible with 720p and 1080i
- The lamp included in the package here will last for an estimated 2,000 hours
- Said lamp life can be extended up to an estimated 4,000 hours if the eco mode is activated
- The lamp included is of the UHE variant
- The lamp wattage is rated at 380 Watts
- This projector can project images from 2.4 meters up to 8.2 meters
- The Pro G6900WU can project images with sizes from 125 centimeters up to 770 centimeters
- The following video modes are included/compatible with the Epson Powerlite Pro G6900WU
- The background noise produced by this projector will amount to 39 decibels
- Aforementioned rating can be further reduced down to 31 decibels of the eco-mode is activated
- Power zoom or focus is an included feature
- Lens shift is also included here
- LAN networking is an available function of Epson Powerlite Pro G6900WU Business Projector
- Wireless networking is also available
- The following optional lens are compatible with this projector
- Epson ELPLL06
- Epson ELPLM04
- Epson ELPLM05
- Epson ELPLR03
- Epson ELPLU01
- Epson V12H004M05
- This projector weighs around 9.8 kilograms
- A warranty of 3 years is included in the package
As stated above, the Epson Powerlite Pro G6900WU Business Projector is quite versatile because it can perform well in almost any given environment. A implied by its name, the Epson Powerlite Pro G6900WU Business Projector is geared towards the field of business. Associates with presentations will surely benefit from this projector. Lecturers or professors in big universities will also hugely benefit from this projector, as it can project large images with great brightness. Even the students at the back of huge classrooms will not have a hard time in looking at the display.
You can see it in action here..
The Epson Powerlite Pro G6900WU Business Projector is assigned by Epson as the flagship for its mid-sized business projectors. As such, consumers will surely find this projector satisfactory because of the multitude of options and functionalities that the Epson Powerlite Pro G6900WU Business Projector has in its arsenal.
As stated in the specifications, the Epson Powerlite Pro G6900WU Business Projector has a lot of lenses that are compatible with it.Over six different lenses with their own usage are available. However, you will have to purchase them separately from the product. The lenses will give the viewers and users with more options and options are always a good news for us.
Lumens and Color Reproduction
At 6,000 lumens, the display of the Epson Powerlite Pro G6900WU Business Projector is quite bright, even brighter than the Epson PowerLite 2017 model. This means that ambient light would not defeat and diminish the performance of this projector. In fact, the display could be so bright that it would actually bathe the whole room with too much light. Sometimes, users would actually tone down the brightness of the display to get the best of results.
That’s how bright the Epson Powerlite Pro G6900WU Business Projector is. No matter, the bright screen will give you more options on the intensity of the light. Some occasions will call for an ultra-bright screen and this Epson product has your back.
However, ultra-bright screens will always sacrifice brightness for color accuracy. The Epson Powerlite Pro G6900WU Business Projector is also a victim of this phenomenon. The solution is to tone down the brightness. As stated above, it is always better to have the option of having an ultra-bright display because you can always tone it down if it’s too much or if the color reproduction is not enough. Of course, the display will need a good projector screen if you want the best color and display reproduction, especially if you have strict bosses.
Edge blending means that a series of projectors will display one image. Imagine a multi screen computer system with lots of screens but there’s only one image. This arrangement is common in gaming rigs. The Epson Powerlite Pro G6900WU Business Projector has this ability. The rest of the G series also has this ability but the Epson Powerlite Pro G6900WU Business Projector, being the flagship, arguably has the best implementation of this ability. Just strung along a bunch of G-series projectors (for compatibility) and you will have a very large display.
- The display is brighter than most in the market
- Edge blending
- Splitscreen ability
- The Epson Powerlite Pro G6900WU Business Projector is very versatile
- The color reproduction is adequate
- So many options and accessory available and compatible with the Epson Powerlite Pro G6900WU Business Projector
- Excellent viewing experience
The multitude of options, functionalities and available accessories may intimidate novice users.
2. Sony VPL-FHZ55 Laser 3LCD (Portable Wireless)
The Sony VPL-FHZ55 Laser 3LCD is one of the Sony products that made a big splash when it was introduced. It is arguably one of the best projectors in the market with its excellent color reproduction, beautiful form and a long-lasting laser engine that gave rise to its designation as a laser projector.
- The display system of the Sony VPL-FHZ55 Laser 3LCD is of the 3LCD variant
- Laser diode is used as the source of light
- Light output is rated at 4,000 lumens
- Display resolution is rated at 1920 by 1200 dots
- The contrast ratio is rated at 8000 by 1
- Operating temperature ranges from 0 degrees Celsius to 40 degrees Celsius
- The Sony VPL-FHZ55 Laser 3LCD requires AC 100V up to 200V
- The projector has the Picture-in-Picture function
- DISCOM is included in the package
- Network and Control
- Closed Captioning is also included
- The following Energy-efficient functions are present in the Sony VPL-FHZ55 Laser 3LCD
- Auto-Dimming Mode
- Auto-light Source Control for Energy Saving
- Blank (Picture Muting)
- Low Power Consumption with No Input
- The Sony VPL-FHZ55 Laser 3LCD is equipped with a High Resolution WUXGA Display
- This device is compatible with the following video formats
- The lamp can survive up to an estimated 20,000 hours of usage
- LAN Networking is available
- A 5-year warranty is included in the package\
- There are about 6,912,000 (1920 by 1200 by 3) pixels
- The Sony VPL-FHZ55 Laser 3LCD can produce 35 decibels worth of background noise
- This device weighs around 11 kilograms
As implied above, the Sony VPL-FHZ55 Laser 3LCD is a device to be reckoned with. Its noticeably bright display, excellent color reproduction a great exterior design makes it the device for those in the business realm or even for church goers. The guys at Sony designed this projector to be a permanent fixture (both literally and figuratively) in whichever placement this device might be used.
The Sony VPL-FHZ55 Laser 3LCD also uses the laser technology. Using laser has some advantages comparing it to conventional alternatives. For one, the lamp being used will last for a long time as the lamp is slated to last for a whooping 20,000 hours. Also, the usage of laser technology allows the device to save energy.
Split Screen Functions
- The Sony VPL-FHZ55 Laser 3LCD has to functions that will allow users to multitask:
- Split Screen
- Edge Blending Capability
Split Screen allows the user to juxtapose two images from different ports to be displayed side-by-side. This is important for those who want to impress bosses by displaying two pie charts, for example. The Edge Blending Capability allows for a group of projectors, with the Sony VPL-FHZ55 Laser 3LCD as the lead of course, to project one image. This is quite handy in projecting inside or outdoors when a lot of people will see your presentation.
The Sony VPL-FHZ55 Laser 3LCD also has the Digital Imaging and Communication in Medicine function or DICOM for short. Grayscale Standard Display Function or GDSDF is also available. Both modes will greatly help those involved on the medicine profession. The guys at Sony saw fit to enhance both modes by giving both a special gamma mode.
Constant Brightness Mode
Sony saw fit to endow this projector with the Constant Brightness Mode. Basically, the aforementioned mode will steady the light output of the Sony VPL-FHZ55 Laser 3LCD by lowering the lumen output. This allows the device to maintain the brightness throughout its lifetime. This function is useful for those who want to keep the lighting constant.
As implied above, the Sony VPL-FHZ55 Laser 3LCD is one good looking device. The industrial look may not appeal to everybody but the way it is done and the clean colors of (mostly) white and black will surely appeal to every would-be customer. Although the setup of the ports may be a little weird. All the ports are placed in the front and not on the back. The decision of Sony to devoid the upper part with any controls is a welcome change because it enhances the “clean look” that the design espouses.
The Sony VPL-FHZ55 Laser 3LCD emits high quality images from its display. The vibrancy of the colors are just right. The greens and reds are deep enough to be clear and vibrant but not too much as it will lose its vibrancy. Even the brightest mode available ( Presentation Mode) will still put up a vibrant display of colors.Other projectors would usually lose the vibrancy (or a significant diminution of such) when the brightness is cranked up to its highest potential but not the Sony VPL-FHZ55 Laser 3LCD.
Readability and Video Quality
Concerns may arise because of the large images that the Sony VPL-FHZ55 Laser 3LCD can display. Readability is usually sacrificed in big screens but this projector is an exception. The text appears to be clear in the display and viewers who are at the back will surely read the text that may be displayed.
The high definition resolution being used in the Sony VPL-FHZ55 Laser 3LCD will surely satisfy the viewing needs of movie watchers who prefer to watch movies in big screens rather than on small laptops. Couple the hi-res definition with the Dynamic Mode available and the viewers will surely have a fun time in using the Sony VPL-FHZ55 Laser 3LCD as their medium in watching movies.
Of course, a good projector will need an equally good projector screen.
- Excellent display and video quality is always a plus
- The Sony VPL-FHZ55 Laser 3LCD ensures readability
- The estimated 20,000 lamp life will surely impress
- Both the Split Screen and the Edge Blending functions will help in multitasking
- The gorgeous design of the projector will surely attract would-be-customers
The decision to put the ports in the front side of the device may be detrimental to its otherwise gorgeous exterior design
3. Epson PowerLite 1965 3LCD XGA Projector
The Epson PowerLite 1965 3LCD XGA Projector’s main claim to fame is its ideal brightness at 5,000 lumens. That is more than the average. The Epson PowerLite 1965 3LCD XGA Projector can also stream via wireless methods, as well as wired ones. Continue to read to know more about this product brought to you by Epson.
- The display is powered by 3LCD and 3-chip Technology
- Both the color and white brightness are rated at 5,000 lumens
- Excellent video performance is guaranteed by utilizing the following functions:
- Faroudja DCDi Cinema
- Noise Reduction
- Sharpness Enhancements
- The following wireless protocols are available to safeguard that are transmitted via wireless means:
- Split Screen is a function available in the Epson PowerLite 1965 3LCD XGA Projector
- This projector has the 1.6 optical zoom functionality
- DICOM mode is available
- Precision Color causes the display to be vibrant and accurate; it controls the following aspects of display to assure its mission:
- The following items are included in the package:
- PowerLite 1965
- Power Cable
- Computer Cable
- Projector Remote Control
- Wireless LAN Module
- Contrast ratio is rated 3000 by 1
- The native resolution is rated at 1024 by 1200
- The Epson PowerLite 1965 3LCD XGA Projector is compatible with the following:
- 10W Mono speaker is included
- A 2 year warranty is included in the package
The Epson PowerLite 1965 3LCD XGA Projector has a very bright display owing to the 5,000 lumens at its disposal. This projector has a brighter display when compared with the Epson PowerLite 2017. The high lumen count means that the Epson PowerLite 1965 3LCD XGA Projector will perform even when ambient light is present. This means that this device can be used even outside should the light conditions permit the usage.
The high lumen count will surely enhance the versatility of the Epson PowerLite 1965 3LCD XGA Projector.
The Epson PowerLite 1965 3LCD XGA Projector has the Epson Administrative System for Meeting and Presentation or EasyMP for short. EasyMP allows for seamless presentation in the business setting or any kind of setting. The EasyMP has the following features:
- Slide Converter
- Multi-Screen Display
- Presentation Mode
- Distribution Function
- Email Notification
Slide Converter allows for the displaying of PPT files without a computer because the a PPT file inside a USB will suffice. Multi-Screen Display allows for the side-by-side display of both the PPT slide and the PPT tools while the Presentation Mode allows for PPT or Keynote slides to be presented. The Distribution Function allow for remote network operation.
Email Notification allows for said notifications to be seamlessly displayed in the course of the presentation. PCFree is functions the same way as the Slide Converter but it allows the inclusion of photos and other files that may be stored in a USB.
The Epson PowerLite 1965 3LCD XGA Projector also has other wireless capabilities and a DICOM mode to accommodate those in field of medicine. The vibrancy and accuracy of color reproduction is also adequate.
- EasyMP allows for better presentation especially in work
- The 5000 lumen count will ensure that mere ambient light would not diminish the performance
- The DICOM mode is always a plus
- Adequate color reproduction
The wireless function is unable to stream video files
4. BenQ TH670 1080p Projector
The BenQ TH670 1080p Projector is arguably the bang-for-the buck device listed here. It may be listed as a home theater but it can also do an adequate job in the office. The 3D effects and the bright display will surely be adequate for office presentations and for home theatre use.
- The brightness is rated at 3,000 lumens
- The contrast is rated at 10,000 by 1
- The native resolution of the BenQ TH670 1080p is 1920 by 1080
- The aspect ratio is 16 by 9 in HD
- The following video modes are compatible with this device
- Full HD 3D is included in the package
- The BenQ TH670 1080p Projector weighs around 3 kilograms
- The lamp inside will last for an estimated 4,000 hours
- Said lamp life can be extended up to 10,000 hours in eco-mode
- The display type is of the DLP variant
- The BenQ TH670 1080p can project images from 2.4 meters up to 10 meters
- The projector can project images ranging from 153 centimeters up to 762 centimeters
- The BenQ TH670 1080p produces 31 decibels worth of background noise
- Said background noise can be reduced down to 29 if the eco-mode is activated
- Picture-in-Picture is included
- The BenQ TH670 1080p Projector offers the following display modes:
- Bright Mode
- Vivid Mode
- Cinema Mode
- Game Mode
Of note is the game mode. For a projector in this price range to have a game mode is always a plus. Having a game mode means that the lag in projecting is minimized.
The colors produced by the BenQ TH670 1080p might be on the dull side but the Vivid, Cinema and Game modes may remedy that as the three modes mentioned will cause the display to be full of vibrant colors. It is only in the Bright Mode where the colors are a bit on the dull side. This is expected as full brightness typically sacrifices color accuracy and vibrancy for added brightness.
The BenQ TH670 1080p is also an adequate projector for videos as its quality is more than adequate to tackle them. Shadow details are of high quality and little noise can be observed. The added bonus of having 3D means that you could switch between 2D and 3D which gives the user more options to impress his/her business partners or bosses. Both modes offer quality service. The text quality is also quite superb and readers will have an easy time in reading any text being projected.
About the downside of the BenQ TH670 1080p in terms of video quality are the observable rainbow artifacts. However, this artifacts show themselves only sparingly and is a bearable downside to the otherwise excellent video quality.
- Adequate picture display
- Excellent video quality
- 3D capability as well as 2D
- At 3,000 lumens, the display is quite bright
Artifacts may be observed during video streaming